Vegan | Gluten-Free | Grain-Free | Sugar-Free | Dairy-Free
Winter is a time in which we love the warmth of spices and cozy moments with friends and family. We are drinking this chai at Christmas and for sure at New Year’s Eve to keep us awake.
Chai originates from India, the continent of spices and enjoyment of senses.
- 1l water
- 2 big spoons of grated ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 15 cracked pots of cardamon
- 4 gloves
- 6 black pepper corns crashed
- 2 big spoons of strong black tea (optional – in case you like to avoid black tea, leave it out or substitute with rooibos tea)
- 1/2l coconut milk ( you can also use normal milk)
- sugar or honey optional
- Boil water in a pot and add all ingredients except the black tea, milk and sugar.
- Simmer this mixture for 15 min, add the black tea and simmer 10 more min.
- Now, add the coconut milk / milk and heat just before it starts cooking. You can add sugar / honey to the chai or serve the sugar/honey separate at the table.
- Strain the tea. Serve it right away or keep it in a thermos.
Enjoy this lovely drink!
Much Love, the Avidanja community