Vegan | Gluten-Free | Grain-Free | Naturally Sweetened | Dairy-Free
Waldorf Salad has a great tradition in Germany and is supposed to be a very balanced and healthy salad. We all love it here, as it is super delicious. Typically, it’s a winter salad, as its main taste ingredient is celery bulb.
And yet, it brings a fruity freshness to the table, which goes well with a simple rice dish or even a soup and some homemade bread.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 250g celery bulb, grated
- 150g sour apples grated
- 150g pineapple cut in cubes
- 100g walnuts in big pieces
- juice of ½ lemon spread over the salads to avoid oxidation
For the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons of tahini
- 6 tablespoons of water (mix both until smooth and creamy. Maybe you will need more water)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (you can also use dried ground ginger)
- cayenne pepper
- a bit of coconut sugar (optional)
Prepare and mix all the salad ingredients.
Mix the sauce in a bowl and add to the salad. Stir well.
Tip: You can keep this salad at least two days. It will taste only better. It can be a great choice if you receive guests and want to prepare the salad in advance. It also makes a wonderful snack on its own.
As a salty breakfast, a quick in between snack or something you want to take to work.
Much Love, the Avidanja community