Vegan | Gluten-Free | Naturally Sweetened | Dairy-Free
It is always a joy to create easy vegan and gluten-free treats that are also incredibly tasty as these spiced-up pumpkin cookies! What makes them pop is a combination of the coconut flavour, pumkpin spices and the crunchiness of the seeds. The blended dates give a natural sweetness that rounds up the rich taste.
They are best served with a chai 😉
Be sure to make enough as they go away pretty fast!
Feel free to share with us your creation here or on instagram!
Ingredients (25 cookies)
- 200g pumpkin
- 150ml coconut oil
- 250g gluten-free flour (I like to mix buckwheat flour, rice flour and oats 2:1:1)
- 150g dates (or raisins)
- Handful seeds of your choice (sunflower seeds, walnuts etc.)
- 4 big spoons of linseeds (replace eggs as a binder)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- Spices: 1 tsp each of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
- 1-2cm freshly grated ginger
- pinch of salt
- Optional: coconut flakes
- Cut the pumpkin in pieces and heat it up with the coconut oil in a small pot
- Chop the dates
- Add dates, linseeds, spices, ginger and salt to the pot and cook until the pumpkin is soft
- Take the pot from the stove and blend the ingredients with a hand blender into a smooth consistency. Let it cool down for a moment
- Roast the seeds in a pan
- In a big bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder) together and then knead it with the pumpkin puree and the seeds into a smooth cookie dough.
- On a baking plate form little balls and press them into flat cookie shape
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes and seeds on top
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 min at 180°C.
Much Love, the Avidanja community