Vegan | Gluten-Free | Grain-Free (optional) | Sugar-Free | Dairy-Free
Ingredients (for 4-6 people)
- 1-2 spoon Ghee/ oil
- 1 spoon each Tumeric, coriander, cumin
- Fengreek, fennel, cinnamon, mustard seeds (optional)
- Salt, pepper
- Ginger, onion, garlic(optional)
- Veggies (optional)
- 300g Basmati rice
- 300g Mung beans
- Water (or coconut milk)
- It’s good to soak the mung beans overnight in water.
- Peel and cut the vegetables in pieces.
You start by frying the spices in oil/ghee. (optionally you add onion, garlic, ginger to the spices before) Then add the soaked mung beans and water and also the vegetables you want to use. You let it cook for 10 minutes and then add the rice and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Then you check if you need to add more water or if it’s cooked already.
- You can cook the mung beans separate from the rice, so that everyone can mixture according to their taste, as some might like it with more rice than others. This also gives the option to eat it without grains (only mung beans and vegetables).
Much Love, the Avidanja community