Vegan | Gluten-Free | Sugar-Free | Dairy-Free
During the New Year Retreat our homemade breads were a delightful treat, that the participants couldn’t get enough from! Today we share the recipe of the delicious, gluten-free bread, that is so simple and straightforward to make. Eating gluten-free can be joyful and easy if you know how to adjust your diet and this bread recipe shows that you don’t have to give up all your eating habits.
Ingredients (for 2 breads)
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 2-3 cups of other gluten-free flour (e.g. rice, oat, corn etc. or a mix of them)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups of water
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar
- optional: a handful seeds of you choice to sprinkle on top (eg: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame etc)
- Preheat the oven
- Mix dry ingredients together, add water and stir until the dough is smooth
- Right before baking, add the vinegar
- Fill the dough in forms
- Optional: Sprinkle some seeds of your choice on top!
- Bake them for 1 hour (~180°)
- When you take the breads out of the oven, take them out of the forms immediately and let them cool down on a rack, covered with a towel.
Much Love, the Avidanja community