Vegan | Gluten-Free | Grain-Free | Naturally Sweetened | Dairy-Free
Now, as the earth is offering a lot of greens, its a good time to drink green smoothies. It’s light and yet full of important ingredients such as vitamins, minerals , proteins and fibers, which makes a great start into the day and year. Especially in the winter, it’s nice to start the day with something warm – a good reason to use warm water.
You will need a blender.
Ingredients (1 portion)
- 3 cups of greens: Be creative! Spinach, kale, celery, broccoli or whatever you can find at the market. Or take a walk through the garden and collect nettles, malvas and some cabbage leaves
- 1 orange
- 1 table spoon of chia seeds (soak over night). Chia seeds have a lot of proteins.
- 2 table spoons of raisins (soak 2 min before preparing in hot water for softening, or use them directly)
- 10 almonds (or sunflower seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Spirulina, 1 tea spoon Kelp (for Iodine support)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup of (warm) water .You will find the perfect quantity of water, as some people like smoothies thicker than others. Enjoy to experiment with these delicious options to start your day.
It’s always nice to add something which makes the smoothie creamy. In this case, it is the chia seeds. You can substitute them with half of an avocado, which makes the smoothie even more creamy and more substantial.
Much Love, the Avidanja community