Vegan | Gluten-Free | Grain-Free | Sugar-Free | Dairy-Free
Autumn is pumpkin time, so maybe you want to try a new recipe with it?
This Pumpkin dhal is Indian inspired and super delicious in combination with rice. 😊
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 1 can Coconut milk (or use 500ml of our homemade coconut milk recipe)
- 300g Red lentils
- 2-3 Onions
- 1 small Pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt – pepper, cumin, coriander and bell pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp curry powder (e.g. Madras Curry)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut into slices or cubes (your preference).
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a pan and start by frying the spices.
- Add the onion and fry until cooked.
- Add the red lentils and the coconut milk.
- Finally add the pumpkin and cook until the lentils are cooked and the pumpkin as well*.
*if you cut it small and add it to early it will dissolve (but maybe that’s what you want).
Much Love, the Avidanja community